Main Menu

Thursday 28 March 2013

Day Out To The Bodensee - Dental Appointment

Took the day off work to have a dental check-up. My dentist is still the same one as I had when living in Öhningen back in 1989!

Once the check was done, I decided to drive back through the village of Öhningen and see what has changed...

Much!

What was once Ritz's supermarket!
CLOSED

  What was once the village butcher!
CLOSED

  What was once Conny's Cafe & Bakery!
CLOSED


Sad to think that I spent so much time there - it was where I learnt German, made friends, made memories... 

What was still open was the Adler hotel.

And the Grille pub.

 

 Upsetting to think back and see now.
Just goes to show - time stops for no one!

So I continued to Stein am Rhein for my breakfast - since I hadn't eaten anything prior to the dental appointment at 7:30 am!

Stein in the snow!!!
Yes, it's still winter and snowing...



Nice snow...

But coffee was needed!


And possibly a second one ;-)



From there a quick trip to Touratech to collect some items...


Before driving back to my clubhouse (Moto91) for yet another coffee :-)


A busy day...
Always is when I go to The dentist!

*thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment