Main Menu

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Triumph Scrambler

I simply can not get the love for this motorcycle out of my head!


It's a Triumph 'Scrambler'.
The one above is a TR6 ridden by Steve McQueen in the 1964 International Six Day Trials.

It reminds me of day gone by when I used to 'muck-around' on scramblers in the fields around Billingley.
I like how it looks so retro - yet still modern! The Scrambler of today is fuel injected and has all the other mod-cons too! Yet it still looks like it's from the days of the 1950's / 60's.



Of course there are then special editions of the modern Scrambler,
such as the one prepared for the 'Mission Impossible 3' film:

And a cool stripped down version:


Anyways - were I to get one - then it'd have to have a simple paint scheme...
Something like this :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment